WARNING, do not rely on websites offering the purchase of environmental stickers/badges. Those stickers/badges are neither necessary nor valid to circulate in the Brussels’ LEZ.
We remind you that the daily pass is the only formality that requires a payment. The purchase of a daily pass must be done via the website www.lez.brussels.
All other formalities related to the Brussels’ LEZ (request for derogations, registration of foreign vehicles) are free of charge. These formalities must be done via the website www.lez.brussels.
I have a vehicle which is registered abroad, does the LEZ apply to me ?
YES, passenger cars, vans (less than or equal to 3.5 ton), minibuses and buses/coaches which were registered abroad must meet the criteria for access to the LEZ.
Registration is compulsory for all vehicles registered abroad.
The registration request is free of charge and must be completed before your visit via an online form available here.
Other than information regarding your identity and your vehicle, you will have to upload the following documents :
- the registration certificate (compulsory)
- the European certificate of conformity (optional)
- any other document attesting the correctness of the provided information (optional)
You can check your registration status using the simulator.
All vehicle registered abroad entering the Brussels Region low emission zone without being registered in advance may receive a fine of €150 (even if the vehicle meets the entry criteria for the low emission zone). Any transfer of incorrect information during the registration request is liable to a fine of 25 euros.
For businesses or other types of organisations that have a fleet of 20 or more vehicles, it will be possible to submit a “group” registration request by contacting Bruxelles Fiscalité email@example.com
The registration is valid for 3 years as long as the information regarding the vehicle do not change.
The registration will be processed automatically, there is no processing period. Once you have received the confirmation of registration, you may consider your vehicle as officially registered.
- Vehicles registered in Belgium do not have to register on this website.
- If your registration form contains a mistake once validated (wrong euronorm, wrong fule type, etc), please note that you can correct that mistake by simply registering your vehicle again. The new form will automatically replace the previous one.